Thursday, March 19, 2015

CNY 2015: Alona Beach, Philippines

Sorry about that brief intermission on our trip to the Philippines.  I've been working on editing and sorting through our photos which took longer than I was expecting.

After our time in Manila we flew to Tagbilaran City on Bohol Island. We had a very early morning to get to the airport in time for our flight. Before you can enter the airport you have to go through a security check point to get into the building. We got in line and a man with a Cebu Pacific uniform on came to "help" us get through the line quicker. We didn't really think anything of this, as we have been able to go through faster lines in China because of Baby O. Well, this was different and ended up not being any faster and costing us $10. We did not make the same mistake the next time we were at the airport.
Alona Beach here we come!
The tiniest airport!
Happy travelers
We stayed in the Alona Beach area of Panglao Island, which is connected to Bohol Island, by a small bridge. We really enjoyed our four days on Panglao Island. Our hotel was a ten-ish minute walk to the beach. It was a great hotel, but if we were to go back we would probably pick something closer to the beach and restaurants. Our hotel, the Panglao Regents Park, was really good, the staff were very friendly and helpful. We ended up upgrading our room to something closer to the pool and off the main road, which was quite loud.

We embraced the leisurely island life from the get go: baby O took a nap, I took a stroll on the beach and J did some reading. We continued our leisurely lifestyle for all four days at Alona Beach.  We ended our first day with dinner (at The Buzzz Café) down by the beach.
Nice view for the evening.
The next day, after Baby O's first nap we put on sunscreen and packed our bags for an afternoon at the beach.  Baby O's first time in the ocean! I forgot to pack the camera so I don't have any photo proof, but he did end up enjoying the water. He was unsure of it and first, but that all changed when he and dad started to splash each other.

That evening we went to Trasier Paprika for dinner. It is pretty far out of town, but there is a free shuttle that leaves from Trasier Botanika in town, you just have to stop by and make a reservation. What a great restaurant! When we arrived it was already dark, but we could tell that the view would be great during the day. The food was really good! It was pricier than most places we went to but well worth it. We happened to be here on Chinese New Year's Eve and we got to enjoy some fireworks that were being set off nearby. There was a large group of Chinese people at the table next to us who were also waiting for the return shuttle. They LOVED Baby O and entertained him for a bit while we waited.

Baby O and his entertainment :)
Headed back to the hotel, it was a bumpy ride

The next day we hired a car/driver to take us on a countryside tour. I don't want the post to be huge so I will write a separate post about that day. Our last two days we spent mostly by the pool, swimming a little, having a few San Miguel Pale Pilsens.
The people in green on the left are giving massages.
There was a cover band playing at one of the restaurants and Baby O was really excited about.
He has some good dance moves :)
We made reservations to go back to Trasier Paprika for lunch on Friday so we could enjoy the view that we had missed when we were there for dinner. When Friday came around, J wasn't feeling well so he decided not to go. It was also close to Baby O's nap time so he offered to keep him so I could still go. I was sad that they couldn't come but it was better for them to nap. What a great view it was!
The shuttle


Post a Comment